Miscellaneous Prats and The Regular Twats27 Jan 2010 10:23 am
By Alex

Something about the economy or something.

For heaven’s sake, BBC, stop peddling the ‘recession over’ line and talking about our economic problems as if they were in the past. This is all part of the Clown/Starling conspiracy to try to make us feel better before the election, whereas those of us who live in the real world know only too well that our problems are far from over. We won’t even be making a start on the road to recovery until 7th May; until then, please stop your government-driven propaganda.

Douglas Lee, London

Starling? Who the fucking cock is fucking Starling? Is it some kind of sideways reference to Josef Stalin, Soviet leader 1878-1953, but with an ‘r’ and a ‘g’ jammed in there so it’s an entirely different word? Is it the bird? I don’t know that much about birds. Are starlings like magpies, but for taxes instead of shiny stuff? Are they notorious as the absolute worst bird at overseeing a national economy? Or is it, as I suspect, that tedious moron Douglas Lee is physically incapable of either calling a politician by their real name or thinking up an even slightly witty substitute for ‘Darling’?

I’m just fed up with this. I sometimes assume Harriet’s surname means ‘son of Harper’ before realising that if that actually was her name I wouldn’t ever get to read it. Every time I summon up the masocourage to look at a right-wing blog and see if I’ve not been wrong all along, I have to waste twenty minutes of my precious life ploughing through the sixty-two latest hilarious incarnations of Comrade (Has-)Bean Jocksky Bottler McLeonidBrezhnev Tartantits One-Eyed Idiot Barry “Bagpipe” Soetero Haggisface until I finally get to some lazy variation on “McBroon” and work out it must be the Prime Minister.

Though I suppose they’re just as stumped when they read ‘Gordon Brown’.

77 Responses to “Guess Who”

1. on 27 Jan 2010 at 10:27 am Silent Koala

Agent Starling, surely? It puts the lotion on the economy or else it gets the hose again.

2. on 27 Jan 2010 at 10:33 am Jesus Chris

In with john:

Watch what happens after the general election.

Public sector cuts will be brutal, placing a million or more on the dole. Taxes will skyrocket, interest rates will start to rise and continue to rise year on year. Education, health and rewal policing will be cut to the bone, but policing of our waste, speeds, etc will intensify to raise more money.
    The world is a bad place and it is about to get a whole lot worse.

john Adair, Hull

To be fair, john – I know you read SYB – it could get a lot better if you’d just fucking kill yourself. I know the human race has a happiness quota, and I know that you’re a miserable fartbubble, so slitting your fucking wrists in the bath will actually balance out the figures in the right direction.

Think about it.

3. on 27 Jan 2010 at 10:45 am Schroduck

The Starling Conspiracy. Like The Bourne Conspiracy. But shit.

4. on 27 Jan 2010 at 10:46 am Hannibal Mandelson

@ Koala
    If you can just rescue the economy, do you think the lambs will stop screaming, Clarice?

5. on 27 Jan 2010 at 10:47 am RT

“Masocourage” is a brilliant word.

6. on 27 Jan 2010 at 10:51 am That Bloke in the Corner

health and rewal policing

Rewal policing? is this some small village in Wales?,is Rewal the mythical land Johnny lives in? elucidate John and then we may take your rant seriously,on the other hand it is you so we will do the usual and ignore your fetid outpourings.

7. on 27 Jan 2010 at 11:05 am the birds

Starlings are noisy little assholes who go around in huge flocks and shit on everything. They’re also great mimics (close relative of the mynah bird) but I doubt that’s what the HYSer was thinking of.

8. on 27 Jan 2010 at 11:14 am David Millionairetaxband (he,s in not normal brits!)

Bet this won,t get passed the mods?!!!

9. on 27 Jan 2010 at 11:18 am Hootie McBoob

Awww bless. I think it makes their batshit brain farts far more interesting to read, when you have to work out who the fuck they are talking about.

10. on 27 Jan 2010 at 11:36 am Bill Oddie

Is the recession over for you?

It’s the title of the fucking thread, but the average HYSer still reads “The recession is over now, thanks to the guidance of The Leader. Go forth into prosperity!”

11. on 27 Jan 2010 at 11:54 am funny peculiar

From the ‘Have a whinge about the Davros Summit’ thread…

Pray, please tell us what the previous Summits have achieved?

ian cheese, london, United Kingdom

Ha! Pray, tell, that arcane pomposity beats ‘methinks’, methinks, what say you?

12. on 27 Jan 2010 at 11:58 am star35

For heavens sake, when is the BBC going to stop peddling inconvenient FACTS and start going by the generic unsubstantiated prejudices through which I view the world?

13. on 27 Jan 2010 at 12:21 pm That Bloke in the Corner

@fp, ‘Pray tell’ definitetly trumps ‘methinks’ but add a ‘hey nonny’ and a marry ‘nuncle’ and you are well away.

14. on 27 Jan 2010 at 12:22 pm Theodore

I have been thinking of alternative witty names for politicians myself.

The current primeminister was jilted by the party when John Smith died and Tony Blair took over and according to some he is a bit of a moron. So jilted, John, moron….has to be Gordon.

He is also quite a shit public speaker and his smile could wither flowers at 100 paces. Shit and withered flowers are both brown in colour.

Gordon Brown – that’s what I’ll call the fucker. Aren’t I clever?

15. on 27 Jan 2010 at 12:25 pm Bugrat

Ha! Pray, tell, that arcane pomposity beats ‘methinks’, methinks, what say you?

I always think of the Real Ale Twats from Viz when I see that sort of stuff in posts..

16. on 27 Jan 2010 at 12:32 pm Silent Koala

Even though I’m mostly a leftie liberal pacifist type, I do think it’s reasonable to start shooting any cunting fuckwit who makes a shitty fucking pun out of a politician’s name. Three bullets each, one in each fucking bollock and a final one right through the fucking smeggy bell-end.

I might need some air.

17. on 27 Jan 2010 at 12:46 pm StealthBadger

So he’s taken a politician who already has a mildly hilarious name and made up a distinctly non-hilarious name for him? Brilliant.

His critique on Ed Walls is equally biting, by the way.

18. on 27 Jan 2010 at 12:49 pm Jesus Chris

Off topic, I know, but does anyone think that john Adair is starting to become a parody of himself?

Would aliens change your life?

God forbid, they might even get deported, with a NuLabour party in charge, they will most likely get a free council house, benefits and tickets to fetch all their relatives across here.

Would aliens change your life?

If they came to steal our jobs and our pensions, then yes they would change my life, well they would if 12 years of NuLabour had not already done that.

Aliens must confuse the fuck out of john. Or maybe he’s just circumvented the problem by adding them to the “list of people I hate”.

List of people I hate

Gordon McBroon
    Ant & Dec
    Santa
    Jeremy Beedle
    Nelson
    Prince Fillip
    E.T.
    Avatar people
    Chineses

19. on 27 Jan 2010 at 1:00 pm Silent Koala

Poe’s Law manifesting itself there.

20. on 27 Jan 2010 at 1:06 pm DC

The minute the Beeb posted that question it was as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

21. on 27 Jan 2010 at 1:18 pm Jesus Chris

Silent Koala

Poe’s Law manifesting itself there.

I really really really wish that was true.

But he’s real.

Also, you have to remove the trailing / from links, or it’ll do that thing it did there to your Poe link.

22. on 27 Jan 2010 at 1:20 pm That Bloke in the Corner

wow what a stream of pure undiluted sewage that thread is.

“The UK is out of the recession”…..oh, how convenient….right before a general election! People who are still sucked in by these headlines will believe anything. It’s been geared to make the populus think that The Brown One really has saved the world, to make them obediently put their X next to NuLabour on their vote paper. I’ve no doubt we’ll see more of this psycho-manipulation during the next few months.

[electronspin], Bristol, United Kingdom

Electrospin is so funny, The Brown One, not only is he using Gordons’ real name, but he is trying equating him to a
    poo. electrospin is so funny, I bet at Christmas he wears novelty ties around the office and says ‘squeeze me’ instead of ‘excuse me’ to all the ladies in the building. Utter utter……lost for words sorry.

23. on 27 Jan 2010 at 1:25 pm Silent Koala

I shouldn’t even have tried. I fail at the internet. And I still have no concept of how to do a blockquote.

24. on 27 Jan 2010 at 1:28 pm Oaf

What’s this?

Not while Labour are still in Government

Nelson, Liverpool

Recommended by 70 people

25. on 27 Jan 2010 at 2:00 pm Worker

You know, there’s a guy in our London office called Ian who seems to refer to himself as Cheese, and I can’t help but wonder if it’s him.

Pray tell, what did refusing to send me a copy of MS Query achieve?

26. on 27 Jan 2010 at 2:01 pm oliver

“Even though I’m mostly a leftie liberal pacifist type, I do think it’s reasonable to start shooting any cunting fuckwit who makes a shitty fucking pun out of a politician’s name.”

yep i’m also a wet anti-war socialist liberal type but i cringe at “B.Liar” and also US blogs referring to “Repugs”, “Shrub” etc etc – just DON’T DO IT

27. on 27 Jan 2010 at 2:12 pm Ugeine

To be fair, I swear liberals were responsible for ‘dubya’. It’s not quite the same, but close.

28. on 27 Jan 2010 at 2:24 pm Ceannair

I get Shrub but who (prithee tell!!!) is Repugs ??

29. on 27 Jan 2010 at 2:27 pm Jesus Chris

@Ceannair

Repugs/Repugnants = Repubs/Republicans.

The whole internet is just a steaming pile of shit.

30. on 27 Jan 2010 at 2:28 pm Silent Koala

Actually I’ve just realised I’m a bleedin’ hypocrite as I’ve been using the phrase “The Daily Fail” for some time now. Therefore I too must be bollock-shot. But it’s probably for the best.

31. on 27 Jan 2010 at 2:29 pm Ed aka Ghost of Cuger-Jaggar, PhD

I think that if you were in a country with as hate-filled and knowledge-hatin’ a group as the “conservative” base in the USA, you might call them “repugs” too. Methinks.

32. on 27 Jan 2010 at 2:31 pm Jesus Chris

Repugs isn’t clever. Neither is “cunts”, but at least people don’t need it translated.

33. on 27 Jan 2010 at 2:46 pm That Bloke in the Corner

Repugs, could it also be a play on the fact that most of those types look like a Pug dog chewing a thistle? All come under the heading twat in any case.

34. on 27 Jan 2010 at 3:37 pm Ceannair

I have to say I am convinced that each time one of these fuckos uses “B-liar”; “ZaNuLieBour” and “AlJaBeeba”, they think they are the first and it is so funny.

1. It’s not funny.

2. You’re not first, those “witticisms” ahev had more use than Steven Gerrard’s missus.*

*known as D Wing round these parts, due to the number of gangsters she’s had in her.

35. on 27 Jan 2010 at 3:38 pm Ceannair

“ahev” ?

How the fuck did I spell “have” that badly ?? Arsetwigs.

36. on 27 Jan 2010 at 4:19 pm T Richardson

There is more to Alex Curran than just getting screwed:

37. on 27 Jan 2010 at 4:23 pm That Bloke in the Corner

Sorry folks, a little off topic, but from the HYS ‘equality gap between rich and poor’ this obvious turdspurter whining on about folk on benefits just made me laugh.

Your telling me!, I was diagnosed with severe arthritis 2 years ago, the surgeon and my GP say I am really to ill to work, but can’t get any state support so I am still struggling to work, yet the only 2 council house dwellers in our street both don’t work due to so called illness yet they are always out gardening and doing DIY all hours of the day up and down ladders etc, yet some days I can’t even walk to my car, in 2 years I am going to be made redundant god knows how I will survive then.

Nicelobon Winit, Wallingford

So Nicelobon (ho ho very witty), you are too ill to work but in two years time you are going to be made redundant,not only are you bullshitting the doctors with your made up achy joints, but you have a crystal ball monitoring your employers business plan for the next two years and you know that they are going to kick your hypochondriac arse out the door. I think they will be glad to get rid of you, you whiny gaping badgers ring piece.

38. on 27 Jan 2010 at 4:35 pm Rod Wrongnob

On the other hand, sneering at punny names is insufferably smug and reeks of arch cooler-than-thouness. “Bliar” did actually carry some rhetorical impact for a short time, though that was many years ago. Where this goes wrong is when people keep using it long after everyone’s seen it a hundred times, and when it gets really contrived and artficial. I mean, “Starling”, WTF?

Incidentally, “Dubya” came from the people around the worthless little shit. It was supposed to show his authentic Texas-ness in a cutesy, down-home way.

On the topic, Pete Tong seems to be worried about Viking raids or something.

May 1020, payback time.
    Be afraid, be very afraid.

39. on 27 Jan 2010 at 5:06 pm History Crow

On the topic, Pete Tong seems to be worried about Viking raids or something.

May 1020, payback time.
    Be afraid, be very afraid.

Coffee… spat… monitor etc

40. on 27 Jan 2010 at 5:07 pm Oaf

May 1020, payback time.

He just missed out a colon.

May 10:20, payback time.

41. on 27 Jan 2010 at 5:14 pm That Bloke in the Corner

May 10:20, payback time.

Is this when Nelson is going to send abusive texts ‘cos we have tracked the name and address through the IP?

42. on 27 Jan 2010 at 6:34 pm Clovis Sangrail

It’s not the ‘Bliar’ and ‘ZaNuLabour’ that get me so much as the use of upper case and rampant exclamation marks – BLIAR!!! – as if sexwee stains that use them feel as if they are the first to come up with them and are shouting rude words like 5 year olds hopped up on tizer and jelly. @Silent Koala – are you avoiding the scan-debacle boss faceoff by spending all day in SYB? Chin up

43. on 27 Jan 2010 at 6:47 pm SoulBoy

Unlikely, that is more likely to be May 04:42. Nelson strikes me as the type to stick very closely to his M.O.

44. on 27 Jan 2010 at 7:03 pm Nelson

Yep. My powers are strongest at about 4:30 but are still powerful enough to do electromagnetic trickery at 04:42.

45. on 27 Jan 2010 at 7:24 pm Ugeine

I went into a homeless shelter the other day. ‘I’d like a bowl of soup, please,’ I said.

‘Sorry, sir,’ said the PC Nazi on the other side of the counter, ‘but you’re quite clearly not homeless.’

‘This is a disgrace!’ I shouted. ‘I am even willing to pay for the soup if this is what is required!’

‘But sir,’ pleaded The Nulabur lacky, ‘If I were to let you have one of these bowls of soup that would mean that one unlucky homeless person would have to go without.

Needless to say, I stormed out, kicking one of the homeless children (who was probably on benefits, or drugs, or a woman or something) in the face. Not even this could quench my anger!

I was shaking with fury as I got home and fired up my internet browser to tell the world about my suffering. Thankfully, I was not the only one to be treated in such a way by these so called ‘charities’:

typical – children with hardworking parents and from a strong background are being penalised because other parents can’t be bothered to get off their bums. as a tax payer, i am not happy that my money is being used in this way.

- anon, Brighton, 27/1/2010 12:28

Here, you can see Anon is the kind of person who doesn’t like it when charities bring a smile to the faces of disadvantaged children. He comes from a strong family, that’s why he’s too scared to use his real name.

Please think about it – this is a scheme for “financially disadvantaged” children. Offering to pay for your child to go on the trip is utterly ridiculous and defeats the whole object of what the scheme is about.
    Pensioners get cheaper, sometimes free travel – shall we stop that as well in the interests of equality?

- SC, Madrid, 27/1/2010 15:58

Rare bit of sense from SC. This post got 115 negative ratings.

46. on 27 Jan 2010 at 8:44 pm Ugly Newt

This post got 115 negative ratings.

But how many of those were for being a possible Spaniard?

47. on 27 Jan 2010 at 8:54 pm Mal

Yeah, probably a forrun who doesn’t understand that the British way is to shit on the poor. Anything else would be unfair.

48. on 27 Jan 2010 at 8:55 pm funny peculiar

The Mail has dangled a juicy bit of blurry-gender-fear bait into their wolf-pit. The story concerns a transgender woman-to-man who is heavily pregnant but all beardy. The following comment got 302 negative votes.

I wish them all the best.
    - Drugopera, London

What a disgusting comment!?! What kind of sickening freak would post something like that? Broken Britain strikes again!

dissaprove…click

49. on 27 Jan 2010 at 8:57 pm Mal

But kudos to Der Stümer for spinning a story about something positive being done for disadvantage children into one about how hard done-by the middle classes are.

50. on 27 Jan 2010 at 9:27 pm Schroduck

You think Clown/Starling’s bad? I just had the misfortune of accidentally reading a forum post about President “Obmobtax”. We’re not alone in this stupidity.

51. on 27 Jan 2010 at 9:31 pm Schroduck

Oh god, that Daily Mail article.

One detects the sweaty, heavy hand of Balls.

- George, Brighton

George often detects sweaty, heavy hands on his balls. All of them his own.

52. on 27 Jan 2010 at 10:53 pm Jesus Chris

When the Tories win the election, I’m going to be laughing my bollocks off one of two things happen…

1) Things don’t change at all.
    2) Anyone reporting similar examples of “you couldn’t make it up!” is suddenly accused of trying to destroy the government.

53. on 27 Jan 2010 at 11:51 pm My Foot Hurts

You guys may already be aware of this, but it was a revelation to me.

Just Googled “Poe’s Law” and found myself on something called “Conservapedia” which is an American, Republican, right wing, fundamentalist version of Wikipedia.

Apparently they “do not allow liberal bias to deceive and distort here” and “no other encyclopedic resource on the internet is free of corruption by liberal untruths.”

They don’t like liberals much. In fact, they’re rewriting the Bible to remove its liberal references.

No, seriously:

You couldn’t make it up.

54. on 28 Jan 2010 at 12:41 am funny peculiar

Fuck Me! That C.B.Project makes the Taliban look like a bunch of gay bishops.

The bits of their ‘Conservative Bible’ that are available to read are noteworthy for the fact that all the quality cock-ups that scientists jeer at have been smoothed and reworded to not fall foul of science. (Eg. the original Bible describes the moon as a light source, they have fuzzed their Conservative Bible so that it is no longer described as a source of light.)

Lying for God, how spiritual.

55. on 28 Jan 2010 at 12:44 am funny peculiar

They are really really keen on hell. Fucking mentals.

56. on 28 Jan 2010 at 12:53 am funny peculiar

Last one…

Two of the aims that their Bible will bring

• would flesh out and stop the infiltration of churches by liberals pretending to be Christian
    • would debunk the pervasive and hurtful myth that Jesus would be a political liberal today

57. on 28 Jan 2010 at 12:56 am Simon

Gordon Clown, brilliant. I suppose we’d better thinking of witty names for when the conservatives get into power. how about camerbum

58. on 28 Jan 2010 at 1:15 am Jesus Chris

funny peculiar

Last one…

Two of the aims that their Bible will bring

Yeah, I know for a FACT that Jesus would be reading Ayn Rand and shorting bank stocks. Because if there’s anything Jesus would be if he came back, it’s a hypocrite.

59. on 28 Jan 2010 at 1:30 am Ugly Newt

Conservapedia: a global source of proof that some knobheads need a damn good kicking.

You couldn’t make it up.

A prize (one dartboard-sized picture of Pat Robertson) to the first person to make up something *more* batshit than what’s already there – and then demonstrate Poe’s Law by getting it onto C-Pedia for a week without the admins twigging.

60. on 28 Jan 2010 at 2:11 am Bugrat

Conservapedia is scary. I spent an hour or so last week trawling through it, and ended up wondering if we really are entering a new dark age.

Probably not. But it’s still depressing to know that there will indeed be people steering their kids to that sink of stupidity as a “source” of knowledge.

61. on 28 Jan 2010 at 3:13 am Jesus Chris

Well, in case you’re worried, here’s antidote number one from Stephen Colbert.

62. on 28 Jan 2010 at 3:15 am Jesus Chris

And here’s Colbert interviewing Andy Schlafly, founder of Conservapedia.

I lol’ed in my pants.

63. on 28 Jan 2010 at 3:18 am one of the eds

@ Jesus Chris

But don’t you see? The moment the Tories take over, it will be them who are deliberately conspiring to bring us all down (can’t be arsed to come up with stupid names for Cameron et al I’m afraid, but you’ll see ‘em soon enough), and Labour will instantly revert to being the party of the people.

@ My Foot Hurts
    I suppose they’ll just leave the Old Testament as it is, and concentrate on removing all that “forgiveness” crap.

“I think what Jesus is really trying to say here is ‘fuck the socialists’…”

64. on 28 Jan 2010 at 3:28 am Jesus Chris

@ed

Try “Camoron”. I saw that one on Biased BBC, I think.

65. on 28 Jan 2010 at 6:34 am Desertfish

One of the neat things about the Interwebs is the way it’s all joined up – I just spent an entertaining half hour listening to some Colbert reports.
    Conservapedia might sound like a nifty idea to some peeps, until they compare notes with the founders of HYS and realize that letting “the public” write in your book will just reveal that “the public” are not all witty, learned and rational. [I should know - I are one!]
    Off topic – thanks to all youse for a witty, learned and rational site. [Okay, so two out of three then] It refreshes my soul after a hard day of being dull.

66. on 28 Jan 2010 at 8:50 am That Bloke in the Corner

What about William Vague (chortle) and supporters of Cameron,Cameroons (snigger),or you could make up your own for the current shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport,Jeremy Hunt,I just couldn’t think up anything for him, nothing rhymes.

67. on 28 Jan 2010 at 10:34 am Bugrat

I don’t think they let anybody amend their ‘facts’ unless they sign up first. Unlike Wikipedia (which they probably call, ‘wicked-pedia’ ha-ha).

68. on 28 Jan 2010 at 10:38 am Bugrat

Well, in case you’re worried, here’s antidote number one from Stephen Colbert.

“Sorry, Videos are not currently available in your country”

Fuckers. Dark age. FACT!!!

69. on 28 Jan 2010 at 10:40 am Bugrat

Of course there is always Landover Baptist..

70. on 28 Jan 2010 at 10:43 am Mal

Well they’re all – brace yourself for devastating rhyme-based wit – a bunch of Jeremys.

I’m expecting, yawn, endless variations of CON-servative and maybe Camer-WRONG.

71. on 28 Jan 2010 at 11:47 am Bugrat

Since this thread is sort of petering out and drifting on & off of topic, I thought I’d throw this piece of astute analysis, from CiF, of Obama’s latest speech into the mix…

tarawasjesus

He means jobs for the DEAD. Obama (along with the rest of CON- gress) is a poser from the dead realm (antimatter imaginary numbers) faking as a true living human. The dead antimatter realm exists because Oblama and dead ‘mates’ steal my and sean hannity’s source wave; me by sending a fake sean hannity with a large ‘W’ spin soul inside to blow holes in the universe and sean by force pairing him with a bunch of dead polygo-chick w spins to carve up his soul and create a constantly depleting inferior realm. The rich dead keep sean hannity their prisoner so they can rob him of his soul energy using electromagnetism; this is what the secret masonic han(d)nity shake refers to. And yeah, the dead are GREEDY and have their e CON omy attached to the living; which is where all the trillions have gone. Satan, a self-aware evil entity of data (numbers) runs the show but plays dead so it can blame sean and I and fake w spins for all ITS EVIL. The polygo chick mary mags are hollywood starlets and in on the evil hannity shake too so they can get money and movie parts and FRESH boties while robbing real humans of health, happiness, beauty & a relationship with true god.

72. on 28 Jan 2010 at 1:58 pm Ugeine

The best part of Conservapedia is that once they’d re-typed all the bits of wikipedia they didn’t agree with, and included their anti liberal rhetoric, they realised they still have a great big encycolpedia to wirte.

I haven’t been on it in months, but the ‘football’ and ‘Northampton’ articles were so full of crap it made me gigle for ages.

73. on 28 Jan 2010 at 6:59 pm Desertfish

@Ugeine:

The “football sports” and “Northampton” articles are still there today, and match your succinct description.

If Conservapedia made YouTube videos, they’d look like this but more self-important.

[Soz if I mucked up the link]

74. on 28 Jan 2010 at 7:05 pm Cora

Apologies, my English and my sense of humour seems to be failing at the same time. I am worried about the lad at youthey.me.uk, I don’t see the funny in what he has posted, only illness and after 30 minutes of pondering the screen I haven’t found a way of saying this in an off-hand and amusing way. Now I am sad and I am late getting the dinner on

75. on 28 Jan 2010 at 7:35 pm Ugeine

@Desertfish Good to see: And my favourite article is still running strong:

Christian philosophers and theologians explain that there are causal links between mass murder and atheism. Atheism, lack belief in God, have the following characteristics that can lend itself to mass murder and can explain why the greatest mass murderers were atheists:[10][11][12]

* lack of recognition of an ultimate judge of moral actions and a judge who sets injustice aright in a last judgement, and thus do not recognize the immorality of murder.

76. on 30 Jan 2010 at 6:40 am Jesus Chris's Chin

Cora

Think of it this way…

His output is very very funny. Then you double up and the fact that he probably believes all this means that you go “wow”, and makes it less funny.

However, rest assured that if he’s so into his delusions, he’s probably already been picked up by mental health services and either refused treatment and not pushed because he wasn’t considered a danger – he says at one point that he’s on Income Support – or is currently in treatment that isn’t working.

The good thing about Sumon is that he doesn’t appear to be doing anyone any harm – unlike Vivian Lehman of madcowtourist.com, who, by her own admission has a long and serious history of harassing individuals.

77. on 31 Jan 2010 at 10:37 am Cora

@JC’s Chin

Firstly, thank you for not pointing out that my post ended up in the wrong thread – a cold feeling washed over me when I realised what had happened but after much thought I decided it would make matters worse to issue an apology, a la ‘blockquote fail’ and ‘obviously there should be a full stop at the end of that sentence’. In the end I opted to say nothing, because ‘it was the computer’s fault’ just sounds lame, even if it’s true, which it is, I swear.

Anyway. Poor Sumon. The view into his mind was too much for me, and I sincerely hope someone is looking after him. I also had a worry that reading what he had put out on the internet would make things worse for him – I know, I know, there is only a blinding headache at the end of that particular line of reasoning.

Obviously, I am still working on my tough-as-nails-if-you-think-that-is-shocking-have-a-look-at-this persona, and getting to grips with an internet that isn’t all about facebook and internet-banking and weekend break/hotel offers. I should probably take a look at that madcowtourist.com site as part of my conditioning/ desensitization programme. Thanks. :-)